Hi-yo!

15 June 2011

SEXAY KITTAY

Done for the very short 'Desire' project. And NO, before you jump to conclusions, while the project asked us to draw on the themes of desire, that does not necessarily mean 'draw something you desire'. 

I was thinking of how complex and fickle the nature of human desire can be. Some combinations of our desires together exponentially increase its desirability - for example, chocolate is desirable, a hot person is desirable, a hot person lathered in chocolate even more so (heehee) - and some combinations only have the effect of turning one off entirely.

Case in point: I love kittens. I love hot men. A hot kitten-man is just plain freaky. 

I remember at the crit, after explaining my concept, James tilted his head, scrunched his brow, and asked: "Would anyone consider that attractive?"

Long pause.

"No, no it isn't."

I was more disturbed by the fact that it actually took him a moment to consider it. Whatever floats your boat, I guess...

Anyway, my idea was largely inspired by a quote from a self-help book, How NOT to Write a Novel: "Giving a reader a sex scene that is only half right is like giving her half of a kitten. It is not half as cute as a whole kitten; it is a bloody, godawful mess."

No comments:

Post a Comment