Hi-yo!

10 May 2010

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy

A joint project between JT and I for a school brief: choose a lyric, poem, etc. from a piece of work that you have an emotional attachment to and produce an image or series of images that illustrates it.

After about two days of wracking my head for which song to choose (me being on the brink of choosing 'Daydream Believer' by The Monkees, but not particularly inspired) at about 8pm one night, Queen's 'Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy' popped into my head. And suddenly I could see how I wanted it to look! Why don't epiphanies like this happen more often?

I'm really proud of the end result! Especially since I am a total n00b at photography, so it came out a lot better than I expected. Since we used the photostudio, the lighting was really good; the only major photoshopping we did was removing the specks of dust on the photo.

(Looking back, I should have done Aerosmith's 'Dude Looks Like A Lady' just as an excuse to dress JT up in drag XD)

I've never realised how much fun jumping shots were. Although later both JT and I had cramps; my shoulder from holding the heavy camera too long and his knees from jumping so much.

Thanks to Lillian for the phone, Mengqin for the glasses and for helping to pose JT in the last shot. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment