Hi-yo!

29 April 2010

It's 3AM AND I'M STILL AWAKE AND USING CAPSLOCK

Being a bit of a perfectionist, I cannot go to sleep until I know I have finished everything even though I can still wrap it up later. Thus I have been spending the last four hours coding HTML, slicing images, finding image co-ordinates, and searching for an ad-less, banner-less webhost for my 404 site. So, it is currently 3AM, my eyes are starting to develop that crusty stuff and I am listening to The Dickies in the hope that their energy will somehow rub off onto me.

I was discussing ideas with my friend in Singapore, Vanessa, and she suggested to me how the disruption of flights because of the volcano eruption in Iceland was similar to a 404 error. Should we suppose that flights are website links and airports are websites (situated worldwide, just like the internet), cancelled flights would thus be 'broken' or 'forbidden' links, and thus a 404 error.

I developed my idea as a pseudo-point and click adventure, although the only real interactive element in it is that...um, it has mouseovers, and that the structure of your journey is not totally linear (but not by much). The only outcome available is that your flight, being cancelled, proves your trip to the airport fruitless. Sigh.

Click here to view! The option 'with' sound seems to work only half the time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment